To us all towns are one, all men our kin.
- Tamil Philosopher Kaniyan Pungundranar
Prime Trust seeks to bring about social transformation by empowering women in order to become economically-independent, educating underprivileged children to become future leaders in society and engaging citizens to build awareness around important social issues.
Prime Trust envisions a world without poverty and discrimination, in which all citizens have an equal opportunity to build a fulfilling life.
Founded in a rural village in India, Prime Trust was born from S.M. Arasu's firsthand experience of gender inequality and financial struggles. Inspired by a dedicated nun, he created programs to empower women and educate them on a life beyond societal norms. After success in his village, Mr. Arasu and his family established Prime Trust to provide similar opportunities to more families. Today, Prime Trust focuses on empowering women, enabling self-reliance, raising social awareness, and educating underprivileged children. Through partnerships and a global volunteer community, we foster change and believe in the possibility of social transformation.
Prime Trust is registered:
- with Government of Puducherry as Charitable Trust, under Trust Act 1882, vide Registration No. 1244/2002 dated 20.09.2002.
- with the Income Tax Department, Office of the Commissioner of Income Tax, Govt. of India for 12A (b) with the Number 67/CIT/PDY/2010-11 and 80G vide No. 9165 (1373)/CIT/PDY/2010-11 Dated 03.12.2010 and 06.12.2010 respectively.
- with Planning Commission, Government of India vide the Registration No. PY/2010/0028440
- with Home Ministry, Govt. of India for Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA) vide Order No. 285130103 dated 21.04.2011.
- with Ministry of Commerce with Import and Export Code (IEC) No. 2511002400 dated 30.11.2011.
- with Department of Industries and Commerce, Govt. of Puducherry vide Order No. 340021103266 dated 02.04.2012.